Support the VMC, donate today!
Friday November 25th from 6-8 pm
Vancouver Public Library, Alice MacKay Room
Vancouver, Unceded Coast Salish Territory
A free public forum on the global Occupy Together movement and tackling
issues of systemic inequality, environmental destruction, and government
and corporate power.
* SETH KLEIN: Seth is the director of the Canadian Centre for Policy
Alternatives, BC Office. Seth’s research deals primarily with welfare
policy, poverty, inequality and economic security.
* RICHARD PORTEOUS: Richard has been involved with Occupy Vancouver for
the past eight weeks and will be speaking about his personal experiences
in the movement.
* LORENE OIKAWA: Lorene is a Provincial Vice-President of the BCGEU union
and is Chair of the BC Federation of Labour Human Rights Committee. She is a founder of the Asian Canadian Labour Alliance.
* GLEN COULTHARD: Glen (Yellowknives Dene) is an assistant professor in
the UBC First Nations Studies Program and the UBC Department of Political
Science. His most recent work won the Contemporary Political Theory Annual Award for Best Article of the Year in 2007.
* HARJAP GREWAL: Harjap is Regional Organizer for the Council of Canadians on issues of corporate power, free trade agreements, the environment, and public policy. He is also active in No One Is Illegal for migrant justice, and anti-capitalist and Indigenous solidarity movements.
* JEAN SWANSON: Jean is a coordinator of Carnegie Community Action Project in the Downtown Eastside. She was also previous national chair of the National Anti-Poverty Organization and is the author of Poor Bashing: The
Politics of Exclusion.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778 885 0040.
Endorsed by: Council of Canadians, No One Is Illegal, Canadian Centre for
Policy Alternatives, Streams of Justice, Check Your Head, Citywide Housing Coalition, Calamites: an anticapitalist network, Rabble.ca